Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Apology for Slavery...

MAryland, after so long, you have finally issued a statement apologizing for slavery. At the same time O'malley decides to pass the nations first "living wage" to $8.50 for urban areas. Interesting...I like O'Malley so far...I am always skeptical about politicians but I like this guy.
On the Slavery issue, I didn't even know we were waiting for states to issues there statements. What does documenting your apology do exactly?? Change more social programs, put more money into education and housing for the poorer minority communities. Fix the problem slavery caused by attacking institutionalized racism (which is still very much alive...) Fuck statements of apology, the time for that is over. Give me a receipt for what you spent on fixing issues stemming from slavery.

No comments: