Monday, August 6, 2007

Excess and Unnecessary.

I support the death penalty. I think its effective method of punishment. I don't feel that everyone can be fixed. I heard a conversation today about people who felt the death penalty was an antiquated method of our judical system and that it should instead be substituted with a possible mind-altering drug or even more rigid prison sentences. Being that I have spent a considerable amount of time in a country that celebrates its use of the death penalty,I think I hold a bias towards death. It was effective. I understand that many people were unfairly put to death, so I do believe death should be reserved for those who, when evidence provided, are absolutely guilty not those unfortunately appointed a crappy lawyer. I drew up a program I intially wanted to push towards my state legislator (of which I will not go into any details about) a few years ago but I decided against. My program had death as the last possible means of 'fixing' these criminals because they had alreayd been given an exhaustive level of oppurtunity to better there lives. Every possible hand would be extended and more importantly visible for our imprisioned citizens. All they had to was take a hand and never look back. Once the fall back into the bad ways the will be put to death. I know its hard but what can you do? Given the options available to you being positive and you still make bad decisions, you obviosuly do not want to be a positive community role model. IF you can do no good for the collective then unfortunately you are no good to the whole. Excess and Unnecessary.

No comments: