Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Britney

First off I want to say that I hate Britney Spears. Now that the formailities have been taken care of, I would like to start by pointing an angry finger in the direction of our media. BRitney Spears is not headline news. I know this is over weeks old at this point but I was watching the news yesterday and there was a Britney bit in it and I was pushed over the edge. There is no reason her performance should occupy the attention of the nation. I have such a disdain for television as a result of the antics of Lindsey, Paris, Nicole, and Britney. They are everywhere I want to be. The lives of these bitches are grounds for intelligent interesting American conversation... But what I wanted to say specifically was that Britney Spears introduction into the music scene came at a time when the girls of my generation were teens. They have all grown with her. And i truly believe American women have grown up LIKE her. They lost there innocence and followed the timeline of Britney like stupid sheep and to me, her disgusting behavior parallels the majority of American women my age now. She is exactly the same as them. And I dunno if its an unconscious connection the girls of my generation have with Britney or what but I think its there. She came at a perfect moment in their lives to implant her sickness in all of them and as she started to bloom, so did her followers. Now the image of have is Briteny is mached with Images of American women in college. Most of them speak the same, dress the same, make the same mistakes, and think the same. I do not know why Americans idolize the destructive. Is it because of our film industry and how important movies have been to generating interest in anything. Americans have always been a film culture but has movies warped the minds of Americans. I move from Britney to film because I feel that a lot of the themes of music and the videos surrounding music stems from a film or film culture. Celebrity is a phenomenon I had never actually thought about until my senior year high school, when R-kelly was all over the place for having intimate relations with a little girl. I started having conversation with teachers about his behavior and class discussions would be held and his crisis would be the center of it. I didn't like the shift from books to tabloid gossip and I definitly do not like present day media situation. Britney Spears being the headline of every major news station in the nation is travesty. People need to turn the TV off. Stop buying the newspapers with that garbage as the headline. Force the media to shift. If they see that people will eat this crap up then they will keep serving you crap. And WORST OF ALL, they will keep feeding you the dumbest stories each time. The American Media at the very bottomline is a business and it has one real goal, money. Informing the people about meaningful topic is no longer financially viable but if it was then they would make the shift. But the people need to make the first step...show the powers that your not dumb...Force them to give you something that educates you and is useful to you...for your own sake...

No comments: