Thursday, April 26, 2007

GET YOUR BAKE SALE!

I dont understand. I'm walking by this area around our Stamp Student Union at the University Of Maryland and I see a table...it was a bake sale. My heart fluttered because I absolutely love baked goods! I skipped to their table and asked them what they were trying to raise funds for, and this pothead looking guy said back to me, Diabetes Research....
...I was a little...perplexed.
Why would you sell baked goods like, brownies, chocolate cookies, rice krispy treats, etc, if your are raising money for Diabetes research. To me there was a very sad irony in that marketing strategy. Are they also trying to increase the pool of patients to pull research of? I dont know.
I asked him how the bake sale was going and he replied, "not as well as you would think considering all the awesome stuff we have."
Maybe they should have found a better outlet for their fundraising.

They had great cookies though...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work.