Monday, April 9, 2007

Housing.


In case you have not heard the University of Maryland has decided to formally boot out all seniors from acquiring housing for the next semester. This unfortunately includes me. I have been at Maryland for 3 years and have maintained a positive record in my dormitory. This means nothing to our residency director. Seniors are effecting Marylands cash flow. The influx of freshman next semester has forced the University to reconsider the value of their rising seniors. Based on all the news reports these rising seniors are worthless. This is deeply disconcerning, especially if this is the beginning of a new standard in housing policy. Will this be a policy for future seniors? University of Maryland has been cashing in on its students for a long time. Establishing senority on the campus means you have gone through hundreds of dollars in bullshit fees and unfair ticketing. Above is a picture I have taken that represents the senior protest of the housing situation. They have camped out now for 2 days in order to show the unfair policy our resident director has instituted. This protest, as far as I know, has reached the local news and I hope soon it will reach a bigger stage.
If your thinking about attending University of Maryland, please seek an instituion that cherishes its seniors and not a school where seniors are easily cut-off from campus life. I'm sure actions like this will definitely be chartered in the future alumnus donations. I for one, will not give a cent to this university. I will end with this, do not come to the University of Maryland.

No comments: